Old films, good memories

10:39 AM


this was taken on Tower Bridge, on Kasia's last day in London. I mean, night. I mean, at 4 a.m. Before failing to wake up to work at 4 p.m. The authors were two guys who started talking to us while we were eating cookies sitting there and watching the sunrise. They also wanted to buy us some vodka since they got to know we were polish (and we kindly disagreed).

I'm definitely not a professional photographer. Well, if I were to tell a newly met person about my experience with photography I wouldn't even start from actual taking pictures. I'd probably babble about me posing for years for my blog or editing pictures that people would send me after the shoots. But in terms of me holding a camera, it's always been about the feeling, the moment, the people and the place. I've learnt to operate my professional camera myself just because I needed to take some shots for my website. In general, I find iPhone the best tool to capture everyday moments but when it comes to special memories, I have this oldschool camera with real film inside. Hipster alert on, for real ppl! And since more than a year I've been using it on special occasions. Recently, after coming back from London I developped two films and almost cried form happiness after seeing these pics. I know the quality isn't the highest or maybe it's not something you're used to seeing on my blog but hey, I love sharing everything with you and Instagram is not always the proper place to put all of them. Oh, and I haven't used any filters or alterations whatsoever. These are raw pics, taken with old, cheap camera I found on my attic two years ago. But they mean more to me than anything else to me.

Nie jestem profesjonalnym fotografem i jeśli miałabym opowiedzieć o swoim doświadczeniu z tworzeniem zdjęć, zaczęłabym pewnie od lat pozowania do sesji na bloga i obrabiania zdjęć metodą prób i błędów.  Zwykłam fotografować ważne dla mnie momenty, ludzi oraz miejsca, nigdy nie traktowałam tego jako swoją pasję lub nie przywiązywałam uwagi do profesjonalizacji tej, wydawałoby się prostej czynności. Pamiętam jednak, że kiedy wyjeżdżałam rok temu na wakacje do Londynu i po raz pierwszy miałam przed sobą wizję przeprowadzki na dłużej niż kilka dni, znalazłam na strychu stary aparat na kliszę. Postanowiłam wtedy, że będę robić nim zdjęciach w wyjątkowych dla mnie momentach i uwiecznię za jego pomocą swoje lato. Moment wywołania fotografii i ich oglądanie zawsze jednakowo mnie cieszy i fascynuje, dlatego też postanowiłam podzielić się z Wami dwoma kliszami, które wywołałam kilka dni temu, czyli tegorocznymi migawkami z lata. Zdjęcia nie były ani trochę obrabiane i to właśnie za taką surowość i kolory niczym potraktowane filtrem z VSCO kocham analogi.

Open'er, ostatnia noc, zmoknięta kura pod strefą VIP, modląca się, żeby zdążyć na nocny pociąg / Our last night at Open'er, me being totally wet after the heavy rain and praying to make it to the night train in front of the VIP room


Noc, kiedy zaciągnęłam dziewczyny po całej nocy koncertów zobaczyć wschód słońca na plaży i musiałyśmy wracać, pokonując przy tym kilkaset schodków w górę / The night I made girls go with me to the beach to see the sunrise and we had to take a hundred steps to go back


19naste urodziny w SkyGarden / turning 19 in SkyGarden


Postanowiłyśmy wystylizować się na bezdomne i zrobić zdjęcie, czyli #typicaldayinLondon / We decided to dress up as homeless and take pics #typicaldayinLondon


tradycyjne Ben&Jerry's w łóżku dla dwóch, które służyło dla czterech / our traditional Ben&Jerry's night portion in our bed-for-two which was used by four 


Kasia i ładna ściana, kiedy nie zdołałyśmy wejść na wystawę Yayoi Kusamy / Kasia and the wall. A pretty one


PoFlorence-owe dzieci opener'a / happy music festival children after concerts. yayy


Nie wiem co oznacza ta poza, ale chyba chcieliśmy poczuć się jak panowie świata na środku Regent's Street. +śmieszny pan w tle na rowerze / I guess we wanted to feel like heroes in the middle of Regent's Street, that's why I have my leg in the air. Also, love the guy in the background, lol


pamiątka z nielegalnej wizyty na dachu, Londyn, Bayswater / a souvenir from the illegal visit on the roof in London


brak ostrości, ale to zdecydowanie książka tych wakacji. Woziłam ją w torbie cały czas i czytałam wkurzona po pracy. Od razu było mi jakoś lepiej / Definetely my ultimate fave book of the summer, I've been reading it all the time in the tube while coming back after work


Ekscytacja, bo gofer i słony karmel / Being overexcited with satled caramel waffle


#KacperBesos


chmury i ja / clouds & me


Zgniecione przez tłum ale nadal szczęśliwe / Stuck in crowd but still happy



Kasia, Federica & Tito


Karnisz i krzywy karnisz (dla nieświadomych - niektórzy mówią na mnie Karnisz)


You Might Also Like

2 COMMENTS

  1. "and we kindly disagreed" - z czym się nie zgodziłyście? :)

    ReplyDelete

like me on facebook

Subscribe